The new Gardner Ultra Skin is a super soft, supple and ‘skinned’ braided hooklink material.
Ultra Skin is available in two breaking strains – 15lb and 25lb. These are perfectly suited a wide range of carp and specialist angling situations:
> The 15lb strain has a very low diameter (only 0.50mm) and has been used with huge success by both carp and specimen anglers looking for a hooklink that offers finesse without compromising reliability.
> The 25lb version is the all rounder for the carp specialist. It retains a low profile whilst the extra strength doesn’t mean a significant jump up in finished diameter, and at 0.55mm it is still amazingly thin for a 25lb skinned hooklink!
• Skinned hooklinks have been widely available for many years now, Ultra Skin now offers significant improvements in terms of feel, colour, finish and ease of use.
• It is really the softest and supplest material of its type; with the colours carefully specified and tweaked until we were 100% satisfied they were the best hue and 100% correct.
• The matt finish isn’t only for show; it really helps the material blend into the aquatic environment and the soft feel means that if a fish bumps into it, whilst feeding on a baited spot, it feels ‘natural’ and is less likely to alarm a fish that may be a bit ‘edgy’. Of course this is also helped by the fact that the material sinks well, and is more likely to settle flush to the lake bed.
• As anglers we realise that most soft hooklinks need pinning down (because the hook bait tends to drop nearer the lead than the length of the hooklink) and a blob of Critical Mass tungsten putty half way along the hooklink really makes a difference to your final presentation – even with really heavy hooklink materials like Ultra Skin – particularly if you’re fishing on hard spots that are very clean due to feeding fish.
• Ultra Skin is easy to strip and will not rupture whilst tightening down a well tied ‘figure of 8’ loop knot.
• The unique polymer mix used in the skin means that Ultra Skin straightens easily*, even just using your fingertips.
Is this the best skinned hooklink available? Gardner says so…
Breaking Strain: 15lb
Product Code: USK15G
Tip: Keeping your hooklinks straight is important, as it improves the manner in which the rig settles and helps to alleviate tangles. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference in terms of a rig’s overall performance.