• Solid State Aquarium Lighting
• Completely re-engineered housing, sealed with a single silicon rubber gasket
• New-style screws ensure the unit is factory serviceable
• Stainless steel threaded inserts make direct mounting inside a hood much easier
• Wide-angle beam for maximum light spread - 120 degrees!
• New mounting brackets fit into the heat sink for more secure mounting
• Suitable for all marine aquaria
• Low running costs
• Lower power consumption
• No bulb replacements
• Long life > 50,000 hours
• High energy efficiency
• Uses the latest Generation of CREE® XR-E PowerLEDs specially selected for AquaRay products
• Wide range of mounting options using the MMS Modular Mounting System
• Supplied with AquaRay Wet'n'Dry Microfibre Cleaning Cloth
Dimensions (LxWxD): 468 x 24 x 54 mm
Power Consumption: 12w
Lighting: 465nm blue
Number of light strips: 2
Guarantee: 2 years (or 5 if registered with AquaRay)
Article Code: 2714
What are the benefits of AquaRay LED lighting?
AquaRay Solid State Lighting Systems have so many advantages over traditional lighting systems and can be used on all types of aquarium setups, from tropical to reef tanks.
When you first install an AquaRay light unit above your tank you will immediately see the main benefit of this new technology. Unlike fluorescent lamps, AquaRay lighting delivers a directed, or “point” source of light, and the passage of this light through water is comparable with what would be seen in nature under direct sunlight. In other words, visible beams of light will pierce the water and reflect the movement of the water surface, producing a more natural and eye-catching effect in the aquarium itself. Until now, this effect could only be replicated with very powerful (and expensive to run) light sources such as metal halides.
This effect is further enhanced by the contrast and moving shadows that are created on surfaces and aquarium décor in the aquarium - for the first time you will really feel you have a piece of the Amazon or the Great Barrier Reef in your own living room!
Other benefits include a very long lamp life (up to 50,000 hours) with no lamp replacements needed for up to 10 years, 5 year guarantee, low running costs and carbon emissions and cool running, meaning no expensive cooling systems are required.
Since 2008 the AquaRay range of LED aquarium lighting has been a market leader in the field, bringing you all of the benefits of LED lighting in a modular package. Modularity allows you to add as much or as little light as you want. Unsure about LEDs? Why not buy a single strip to use as supplementary lighting? You can always add more later.
AquaRay’s modularity extends into their MMS Modular Mounting System - an extremely versatile range of mounting accessories that allow the lights to be fitted into a hood, suspended or tank mounted in just about any situation possible.