Filter brushes, suitable for the first and second chambers of a variety of filters.
Size: 12" x 6"
• versatile and easy to use
• don’t clog up as many other materials do
• very easy to clean
• durable and long-lasting – they will not need replacing
• the best medium for removing suspended particles of waste
• great value for money – they cost less than any other equivalent
• tried and tested all over the world
• provide a massive surface area for biological colonisation
• do not require expensive support frames
Black Knight filter brushes are made from the very highest quality Hydrotek polypropylene twisted into two stainless steel wires to form a cylindrical brush with a loop at one end for hanging. The other end is capped with a plastic knob for safety.
They last indefinitely and are the easiest to use, most efficient and most cost-effective pond filter medium you can buy.
Our brushes are used in filtration systems in fish farms, hatcheries, public aquaria, domestic fish ponds and research institutes in this country and abroad. No other filter medium is as widely used or has been as extensively tested and proved.
When a significant amount of waste has built up on the brushes, it should be flushed away. The brushes should be flushed using buckets of pond water. Cleaning in this way will retain most of the beneficial bacteria that live on the brushes but the rotting waste is removed and cannot do any more harm to the water quality.